IIT-B.......A haven of 'creative' nerds!

My life at IIT-B!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

IIT-B, My Home for the next 5 years........

All day I've been working like a dog,
I should be sleeping like a log............

That was The Beatles in one of their #1s. Let me tell you, this concept is not valid at IIT-B!

All day I've been working like a dog,
And now I'm stinking like a hog,
And still I keep on working,
Till the sandman comes and puts me to sleep!

That's life at IIT-B. Initially it feels like you are not going to get through this. By 'work' I don't mean studies, MIND YOU!!. In IIT-B, 'work' refers to every single activity inside the campus. In the beginning, I wanted to skip all these tiring activities. And then, what is the reason behind coming to IIT-B? Was it to just become an engineer? Or was it because the IITs are the best colleges for undergraduate studies in the country? Or was it because of the great affinity of today's youth towards money?

I accept that wealth is among the most important things in the world. But, my reason of coming here, was to develop my personality and character in a way so that people from other colleges go green with envy looking at me! And, the IITs are a haven of not just nerds, but of creative, hard working(Am I in?) nerds!

If anybody wants to think of the IITs as a place where the nerdiest nerds of the country come and mug all possible stuff for 4/5 years, THEY ARE DEFINITELY MISTAKEN!
BANDAR KYA JAANE ADRAK KA SWAD------------> A Hindi saying which refers to ignorance of people. The first part of their thought is right, the IITs are full of the nerdiest nerds of the country, but mugging is not all thats done here! Pick up any kind of activity(constructive I mean! ;)) and I can assure you, it is a part of IIT-B!

So, it sums up to, ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY. According to me, in IIT-B. leisure is work and work is leisure. I've learnt a lot of stuff here just in a month's time. I'm in love with this place, so bubbling with energy even when the owls rule!

Here I am, At a place so pure,
Of every single thing, I can be sure,
That it is for me to admire,
Here I am, This is where I want to be,
This is where I'll roam free,
I'll ride on the zephyr of change,
Till there come changes in change!

Wasn't that good? [;)]

7 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Santosh said…

    good yaar.U have got the creative art of making things look bright ...........waitin 4 ur next(?)BLOG..

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Pradyumna Kumar said…

    good job ashok.
    wonderful description of our life.

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger Manmohan Reddy said…

    NICE DESSCRIPTION YAAR..PRECISE AND TO THE POINT..HEY BUT LET ME TELL U IITKGP ROCKS..IT IS THE BEST IIT!!!

     
  • At 2:40 AM, Blogger Pradeep said…

    cool blog dude

     
  • At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ass bein so happy 2 b in iit? u ppl lead a mechanicaal life and then wud work for the imperialists...
    many non iitians too pay a lotta moolah ang go abroad thATS BETTAR

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Ashok Subramanian P said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    thats a very good way of looking at it!
    have ur priorities...and go ahead!thats it right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home